Supporting students from Years K-12
Kathryn works with children from their pre-school year right up to senior high-school. As well as working in primary and middle schools, Kathryn has first-hand experience supporting students who are undertaking a life skills program of study in the mainstream classroom.
Optimising literacy outcomes
Language and Learning translates data and current research into best practice literacy instruction in schools, using a Response to Intervention model.
Kathryn has a proven track record in helping schools to improve literacy outcomes and minimize remedial intervention, as well as extensive experience and training in systematic synthetic phonics.
Kathryn can help you implement whole school change through all stages from K-12. This includes developing the project scope and sequences, outlining data collection and interpretation methods. She also has first hand experience supporting students who are develping life skills in mainstream classrooms.
With experience in mainstream classes, senior executive and regional consultancy roles, as well as senior speech pathology experience within a specialist Kids Rehab Team for NSW Health, Kathryn understands the diverse needs within mainstream schools.
We can help.
We can help you optimise literacy outcomes in your school using the following services:
- Best practice advice & consulting in regards to curriculum adjustments
- Staff mentoring and training
- Classroom observation and support regarding inclusive strategies
- Program differentiation support (Learning Difficulties & Enrichment)
- Literate Learner webinar series
- Experience in customising the classroom based approach to best suit student needs. Kathryn draws on a thorough understanding of the principles of best practice instruction combined with training and practical experience in the school based use of programs including:
- Sounds – Write
- Little Learners Love Literacy
- The MultiLit suite of programs (InitiaLit, MultiLit, MiniLit etc)
- Direct Instruction programs (Reading Mastery, Corrective Reading – Decoding, Spelling Mastery, Spelling Through Morphographs)
- The Spalding Method
- Doorway into Practical Literacy (DIPL)
- Question Skills Reading Comprehension
- University of Queensland programs (Early Literacy Foundations, ELF, Phonological Awareness for Literacy, PAL, Phonological Awareness Training for High School, PATHS)
- Phonics International & Oxford Reading Tree
P 0416 544 153
© Language & Learning 2017 // ABN 869 686 077 37